This week @ Harvest | April 3, 2021

Harvest is a two times winner at the Launceston Chamber of Commerce awards, taking out the Environmental Excellence and Outstanding Event categories. Such accolades highlight how important the people of Harvest Launceston Community Farmers’ Market are and we would like to thank you all, the patrons, stallholders and most importantly our volunteers who continue to support us, through rain, hail, sunshine AND a pandemic!

Stallholders at Harvest this week:

41 Degrees South   
A Pinch of Tasmania 
All Things Cherry 
Brady’s Lookout Cider
Bruny Island Oysters
Coronea Grove
Delicious Little Things
Della Vale Gelato
Elgaar FarmThe Grain Family 
Elphin Grove Farm
Felds Farm
Frank’s Char
Frankham Figs
George Town Seafoods
Hazelbrae Hazelnuts
Hillwood Fresh Food Co
Honey Tas
Kabul Veggie Delights
Laos Fresh Farm 
Lentara Grove
Meander Pastured Eggs
Meat Bread Cheese
Metcalf Distilleries  
Modo Mio Naked
Mr B & T Mushroom Garden
Mt Gnomon Farm
One on the Slide
Plants Direct
Provenance Coffee
Ritual Coffee 
Sandy’s Sourdough 
Seoul Food
Seven Sheds
Southern Sky Cheese  
Steve’s Vegies  
Strelleyfield Farm
Tamar Valley Hydroponic
Tas Daffodils
TASGOldway Farm
Tasmanian Juice Press
Tasmanian Tonic co
Tassie Hemp Shop
Tassie Murtabak
Taste of Tam O’Shanter  
The Tea Equation
Thirlstane Gardens
Three Peaks Organics   
Wanderer Mead
West Tamar Fungi

What goes where? A simple idea that underwrites the ambitious goal of achieving a zero-waste weekly farmers’ market and is the story told each week around the green bins at the market. Since the introduction of Food Organic Garden Organic (FOGO) bins at Harvest in September 2018, the commitment of our volunteer waste educators, stallholders and patrons has diverted 98% of Harvest’s rubbish away from landfill to composting. The remaining 2% comprises landfill and recycling waste brought in from outside. Each Saturday a volunteer is at the bins, initiating conversations and curiosity about waste to educate and change behaviour.

As a weekly event, to be recognised as an outstanding event by the Chamber of Commerce judges is a massive honour, especially in a year in which a pandemic wreaked havoc at events across the community. First we went online and then we returned to our asphalt car park on a wintry Saturday morning in May last year to welcome back our locals, the producers and supporters. As the seasons came and went, we are once again watching the burnished colours of Autumn return and know that the market will continue to sustain our community into the future. Congratulations to all the other finalists and winners.

This Saturday, celebrate Easter with gluten free chocolate treats from Modo Mio Naked and hot cross buns from Apiece and Sandy’s Sourdough bakeries. For that special treat, get some figs from Frankham Figs or a Sunday roast, whether it be duck, pork or beef check out Strelleyfield Farm, Oldway Farm and Mount Gnomon Farm for that special cut. We also have new season apples from Windara Orchard and Brady’s Lookout Cider this Saturday. Tasmanian Tonic Co. will be there for their monthly visit and the weather forecast is mostly sunny with a minimum of 11º and a maximum of 24º.

See you at the Market!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *